secret pal 9 questionnaire.
|1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? |
-i am a dork for soft things. i hate anything itchy. i have no use for it. i love strange things, especially really thin novelty things to spin into my yarn (yes, i spin) anything by habu i adore.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
-i use denise needles and knitpicks needles most often, so they are in their own packages. and then the straights are in gorgeous white sifter with birds on it.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
-around 2 years. i was shown the bare basics, and then promptly got every book and used knittinghelp.com a lot. that really helped the most. i am intermediate, i think. i know how to do most techniques, but am too lazy to work on complicated or really long projects. long and easy projects bore the hell out of me.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
-amazon, here it is...i tried to get rid of the random stuff, and the kids books are for my niece, fyi.
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
-tropical fruity things, baked goods
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
-all of my teeth are! i am not a big fan of american candy. i am a snob. i admit it. i love british chocolates. flake bars. aero bars, especially the mint and strawberry when they have it, crunch bars. and i really like the coconut rafaello thingies that you can get at the grocery stores. any chocolate with hazlenuts or almonds, or mint chocolate, coconut chocolate. good for me.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
-i do everything! i do spin, i sell yarns, so spinning accoutrements are greatly appreciated. again, i am a snob for soft and really nice quality. i love sparkly threads and yarns. also, i paint with all kinds of paint, watercolor, guache, i draw. loads of things.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
-yes, i think it can play mp3s. i am actually a bit of a music nazi. i love tom waits, nick cave and the bad seeds, the afghan whigs, mark lanegan, i can be tricky to pick music for. be warned.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
-i love bright kelly green. orange. i like teal a lot, robin's egg blue is a new fave.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
-married, no human babies, 3 feline babies.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
-don't wear hats so much anymore, but i wear scarves and would wear a wrap.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
-i do tons of scarves, lots of hats, neckwarmers, wraps
13. What are you knitting right now?
-i have been cranking out scarves for wholesale orders. i haven't made anything for me in ages.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
-i normally use circs for most everything. i like my denise needles lots, but the knitpicks are slippery and fast plus pointy, which i i love! i use straight needles for the giant sizes.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
-yes and yes. i could use a jumbo ball winder. i just have the regular blue royal one.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
-old. normally, if i put it down, i won't ever pick it up. so i tend to be a one project at a time kind of gal.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
-christmas i think. when i was a kid, growing up jewish and from parents who weren't american, and so hannukah wasn't a big deal to them at all, we didn't really get much of anything, so it was always really depressing for me when all the other kids came back with all kinds of stuff and i had nothing. now, it is fun with my in-laws and my hubby and my fantastic friends. and i got a silver tree to put up this year! i am trying to figure out some creative ornaments, too.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
-cat things, vintage crafty things, berry things and all the art i can get.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
-only vogue knitting, selvedge and domino.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
-always! but i think i have all the gear i need.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
-i do knit socks, but don't use any yarn thinner than sport weight. and superwash. i wear a size 6 or 6 1/2. little feetsies. one of my best features.
23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)october 6th.
hope this helps!