some things about me...
1. i love giving gifts. i get so excited for someone to get it (and love it) that i tend to harass. especially if i think it is a super duper good one. and i can't keep a secret. as soon as i get it, i have to give it.
2. if i see someone cry...even on tv, a movie...a commercial...i cry too. i don't even feel sad, it just does me in. sniff. also, i can make myself cry.
3. when i was a kid, i wanted to be a veterinarian. after realizing that i suck at math and all of the sciences except for biology, i thought again. i have a big soft spot for animals. more so than for people. is that bad?
4. i have had pin worms several times as a kid from kissing the dog. i didn't have a lot of friends cause we moved a lot and honestly, the dogs still would have been better friends. they really listen, you know?
5. i get really bad migraines from msg, blue cheese (even if it was on a salad that i requested to be without it and was removed in the kitchen), most kinds of alcohol, car sickness, being over tired or upset and other things i am not sure of. i have gotten them since i was in early grade school. if we had a party at school, i would gorge myself on doritos and cheezy things not knowing that they were poison to me. by the time i got home, i would be violently ill. i also would take the "accent seasoning" from the kitchen and lick my hand and sprinkle it on and then lick it off. accent is pure msg. yay! fyi, virtually every non-health store seasoning packet or soup mix has msg in it. so don't try to feed it to me. k thanx. i still have them, but the medications are way better. i get panicky when they don't kick in right away because i hate nothing more than going to the ER. as my neurologist likes to say "they give you the wrong thing and (gestures cutting throat with index finger)..." which is really true. they never listen.
6. my mom is a musical prodigy, as are her brothers. in south africa, she was a well known opera singer, cellist and pianist. she gave it up to get married and have kids, even though my dad said he would wait for her to go to grad school. the things we do for love.
7. i went to a state college for my first miserable year of college where i was tormented in every way possible for not being like everyone else. seriously. people stole my shoes, everyone whispered my name when i walked into lunch (i swear it. my few friends at school will back me up.) i took an art class at another college and ended up finishing out my education there. it was a women's college and i loved it. no one wanted my shoes there.
8. for anyone that possibly doesn't know, i have lupus, chronic fatigue syndrome and fybromyalgia. i won't list everything else because then i will seem like a hypochondriac. mainly i just get tired out easily.
i got some dyeing done today. i did lots of locks, a bit of soy latte and some other rovings. i used the mixed bottles of dye i always use, except that clearly it was not as potent as it was, so i had to mix new dye for most of the locks. i think i will probably stop mixing bigger batches and mix as i need it. i make a mess anyway. and guess what cleans up dye stains even better than bleach? you guessed it! the magic sponge! i love those things! they rawk! i will probably take photos of my fibers and post em this weekend. i would like to do some more stuff with fresh dyes, too.
have you heard that the bodies exhibit is under scrutiny again about who the bodies are? it is in pittsburgh right now, it is on 20/20 tonight and here is an article in the post gazette. i guess you can buy something like those online. le sigh. it appears that the story that was initially going around is possibly untrue. or likely untrue. they get them into america as a "plastic model for medical teaching" rather than human remains.
off to watch 20/20.